Thursday, January 7, 2010
30 Runs in 30 Days - What I Think About When I Run
I'm not done yet! I've got all sorts of pictures of the boys and ideas stored up that I'm going to get to. In the meantime, I've kicked off the new year with my friend Barry doing 30 runs in 30 days. Each run has to be at least 30 minutes. I'm right on pace, having done 6 runs so far. I've noticed how much thinking I do about all my friends, family, and life on these runs, and thought it'd be fun to write about it. After today, I'm going to start writing daily. So far, I'll encapsulate my experience of the runs to date. I started on January 1 with 1 hour, 8 miler in the snow. I ran early, and delighted in the crisp of air, and the silence of the world that was not yet awake. I felt good. January 2 was a run on tired legs. January 3 was a refreshing stroll down the "dirt road" as we call it, the farm road that meanders near our house. January 4 was quick lunchtime run downtown along the Platte River and back to the office. January 5 was a 52 minute lunchtime run with my boss. January 6 was a run in the dark early in the morning before the kids got up; I then had 20 minutes to hang with the boys before jetting off to work. And that brings me today. Today, I think I rest, and will therefore need to work in 2 runs tomorrow. Oh boy.
Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you can join me. Remember to treat it like one long run and pace yourself. It's one long run, not 30 short runs.
Post a Comment