Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Sweet boys
Today, Austin was just hilarious, so I have to post. This morning, we were making a "tent" on my bed, using the comforter and random things underneath it. Wyatt woke from his nap, and I got him and brought him back to my room to feed him. I had been feeding him for a couple of minutes when Austin ran to get his beloved stuffed Tigger and sat next to me on my bed. I didn't think anything of it until I looked down at him and realized he was "breastfeeding" Tigger! He had taken off his shirt shortly before this because it got wet, so he had Tigger's mouth right on his nipple. It was too precious! I praised him for being so nice to Tigger, and he was so proud.
Lunchtime came around, and I started making my salad that I eat most days. It is my favorite: I use a mixture of spinach and arugula topped with gorgonzola cheese, fresh strawberries, toasted almonds and a raspberry-walnut vinaigrette. I just LOVE it in the summertime. Austin has seen me eat it numerous times, and has begun to ask for bites when I eat it. He especially loves the blue cheese, which cracks Ryan and me up, because it has such a strong flavor -- not something typical little kids devour. Today, I asked if I could make him his own salad (he seriously eats a good amount of mine these days). He enthusiastically yelled, "yeah!" So I made him his own gourmet salad, and he ate EVERY BITE! He even licked the plate! I took some pictures of it, and I'll post them later. I couldn't believe it, and I was proud that I got my kid to eat spinach. :o)
Finally, this afternoon, we were getting ready for our (sometimes twice) weekly trip to Target. I changed Wyatt's diaper and sat him up on the couch, then ran to grab my bag and list of things to buy. Austin made his way over to Wyatt and was actually paying attention to him (in a good way). He was smiling at Wyatt, and you should have seen Wyatt's little face light up. He loves Austin, and within a minute or so, he was giggling at Austin, and Austin was giggling back. It was one of the most special moments of my life to date -- my two little boys loving each other, if only for a few seconds.
Ah, what a good day. Tomorrow we leave for a long weekend in Hilton Head Island. We'll see how it goes with all of us sleeping in one room...yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
G- I'm so glad you started this! I feel like I can get to know Austin and Wyatt a bit from a far. Thanks for letting me know, I will love reading it!
I love you my friend!
A
Post a Comment