
The other night before my mom left us (she was a saint and came out to watch the boys so Ryan and I could get a much-needed weekend away), we all went out for a fun dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ restaurant, which is Ryan's favorite kind of food. To get Austin excited all day so he'd have something to look forward to, I told him we were going to meet Daddy at a restaurant that night.
We loaded the boys up and were driving to the restaurant, and Austin shouted out, "There's the astronaut and there's Daddy!" It took me a moment to realize he had meant to say "restaurant," but it came out "astronaut."
A few minutes later, as we got closer to our destination, we noticed Austin was really slurping away at the milk in his sippy cup. I asked him about drinking so much, and he said, in his funny, almost growly deepest voice, "I'm a thirsty man!"
I had to write those two down because they are just classic Austin!
Speaking of our weekend away, we went to the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera, and it was so fun! Ry and I got to sit around and do nothing, but we also enjoyed the spa amenities, good workouts, and nice dinners. Our thanks to Erin and John for the opportunity to head back there exactly one year after their beautiful wedding! I'm attaching a couple of photos of Ry and me on our weekend away and one of my wonderful mom with our boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment