Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Autumn in the Mountains

A couple of weekends ago, we had a fabulous family weekend in Breckenridge. It just happened to be almost peak for the fall colors and the changing of the aspens. The whole drive up there, Ryan and I were "oohing and aahing" as we enjoyed the way the golden aspens popped out of the deep greens on the mountainside. We seriously don't think we had ever seen it that beautiful up there. It helped that the weather was absolutely perfect! We stayed in a condo right downtown, which was a nice change from all four of us being stuffed into one hotel room. The boys did well, and Ryan and I had a great time. We both got to go on a long run (just not together), and we took a short hike on Saturday afternoon. It was such a nice getaway, and I can't wait to do it again!
Austin holding up his donut hole that the waitress at breakfast gave him. I don't even think he ate it - he just held it for a while. :o)
Yum - breakfast at Daylight Donuts was delish!
Just one of the beautiful views in downtown Breckenridge.
Ryno pushing the boys near our condo. I love the fall colors in this picture!
A view from the drive to our hike on Saturday.
We spent Sunday afternoon playing at Grand Timber Lodge's pool and playground. It was the perfect end to our weekend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad you guys got away as a family. I realize more and more how impt. that is...glad you could do it. Love you guys!