Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Almost Hole in One

I played in a charity golf tournamnet last week. My game isn't much to speak of these days, but I can still get around the course. We played at Lakewood Country Club, the oldest golf course in Denver. Scramble format, which means when you get to a 275 yard par 4 (that's ridiculous, I'll admit), you go for it. There was a dog leg right with some trees blocking a direct route to the green, so a strong fade plays perfectly. I was playing a fade that day anyway, so I let my club open up just a bit on the downswing, and sure enough, I got lucky and hit a perfect drive into the green. The pin was blocked by the trees, so we couldn't see where the ball ended up. When we got to the green, we were all delighted to see a sure Eagle, and nearly a hole in one. It will likely be the closest I ever get to a hole in one, so I figured I should take a picture. Any golfer knows that it's shots like that that keep you coming back.

No comments: