Wednesday, September 30, 2009

NO PICTURES!

I haven't done any posts in awhile becuase I've been waiting on pictures from Gayle. But Gayle, for better and for worse, has been too busy with her paid photography to spend time with our family pictures. Since our last post, we've experienced some very cool things, including
  • Staying two nights in Breckenridge with the Jones family. Highlights included listening to Austin and Avery "sleep" together, the Jones' fabulous homemade spaghetti and meatball meal, breakfast at Daylight Donuts, the luge course down the mountain with Austin, and a bike ride (before I drove my bike on top of the car into a parking garage).
  • Austin started preschool! He hasn't gotten stickers everyday for good behavior, but close. He really seems to be enjoying his time at school. We got his first "report" card yesterday, and I'm happy to report that I didn't even care what was on it, but was nevertheless happy to see that he got great "marks." I felt so old sitting there reading his report card; it doesn't seem long ago my mom and dad were showing me mine from first grade and telling me how proud of me they were, even though I sucked at handwriting.
  • Gayle and I flew my mom in for the wekeend to watch the kids, and Gayle and I headed to Los Angeles and ended up in San Francisco. It was almost like a second honeymoon for us. This time I even brought nice clothes. It was a near-perfect trip (I'll spare the details on the near part).
  • Gayle ran a half-marathon! Finished 14th place out of over 600 finishers, and with an average pace of 7:54, after having just ran 20 miles the week before. Go Gayle!
  • A family trip to Beaver Creek. Gayle shot a wedding up there, and we stayed in the Beaver Creek Lodge. The Aspens are changing in the mountains and it's just absolutely gorgeous. The best part was probably right when we arrived to the Lodge on Friday night. Austin entered our room and immediately said "I looove this house. Let's buy one and live here forever." It was adorable, and made Gayle and I happy that he appreciates our trips.

Austin and Wyatt are the highlights of our lives, but Gayle and I enjoy each other quite a bit too. I've grown a habit of working after dinner so that I can be sure to get home early enough to see the boys, play with them some before bed, and put them to bed. Austin takes great delight in playing baseball with me right now, and is actually quite good. He has an Albert Pujols like swing, releasing his right hand off the bat after his bat goes through the zone. It's hilarious.

Wyatt is either smiling really big, or giving us the falcon shreak of discontent. He loves my tickles, letting out deep guttural laughs. He's into everything, and is suddenly starting to talk a whole lot. Gayle told me yesterday he came to her with a rock that had yellow paint on it and said "yellow." We'd never heard that word out of his mouth before, much less know he knew the color.

No comments: