Tuesday, July 22, 2008
From the mouths of babes...
Tonight at dinner I was describing some of Wyatt's characteristics since oftentimes Ryan comes home too late to see him. (Before you go thinking Ryan is a bad Dad, the reason he doesn't see him is my fault. I am the "Sleep Nazi" -- early to bed for my boys!) Anyway, I told Ry how today Austin and Wyatt were sitting side by side, kind of "Indian-style" with their backs to me, and I swear Wyatt's thigh is larger around than Austin's. Then we got into how chunky Wyatt is and where that came from, and I said I was not the skinniest baby. Somehow I made a comment that Austin was just a skinny baby, and he immediately piped up, "I am not a skinny baby. I'm Austin!" Ryan and I got a good laugh out of that one!
Then, as we were trying to talk Austin into going upstairs to bed, Ryan told Austin it was really time to go (we had been telling him it was almost time for a while). As he walked out of the room, Austin said to me, "Thanks for the food, Mommy!" I was astounded! Was that my child, who I always have to remind to say "please" and "thank you?" Hey, maybe all my effort is starting to pay off...not that I am going to stop reminding him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment