July 4th was a great weekend. The weekend started off with a free Colorado Symphony concert in City Park. It doesn't get much better than that folks. Dad and Marty came in unexpectedly -- I found out the day before through a forwarded e-mail Marty had written to a friend that he was coming to Colorado -- but one day is plenty of notice to host Dad and the Moose. They drove through the night Thursday and arrived Friday. I came home from a long bike ride (see picture from ride) to them mowing the lawn in scorching hot weather. Their labor didn't stop there - they also washed all of the outside windows of our house - how kind.
The weekend was punctuated with Breakfast at Wimbledon. We hosted the Joneses (Kristin, Corey, and Avery) for breakfast. As always, meals with the Joneses are treat, both because of their company, and the food that they bring. Gayle made some awesome breakfast caserole and KJ brought coffee cake. I made the coffee and it was, of course, the best part.
Before the brunch, however, Dad accompanied me by bike on an 80 minute run. My 4 10-minute intervals flew by with him chattering at my heels.
It's clear I'm not the photographer in the family. My method of posting pictures consists of taking them with my phone and e-mailing them to myself. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy.
I also got to play 18 holes of golf with Moose, Pops and McMonagle, and also played another 9 Monday morning at 5:30 am with Moose and Pops. My game wasn't stellar, but respectable.
**A note from Gayle: I had a good weekend as well, though not as active as Ryan's (shocker)! Anyway, I will post some recent pictures soon. I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (like Photoshop, but more geared for photographers) and I have been busy learning the program and playing with photos. So I promise to get back on the posting as soon as I finish editing our June and July pictures! We have some good ones!
1 comment:
Glad you had a fun 4th! I bet that coffee was good Ry. And you gotta love Moose's heads up about his visit. If only he would visit me and wash my windows! They are in major need of washing... glad you are the same ole' competitive Ryan....question is..where was G during all of your sports? Love to you both- rone
Post a Comment