- After a great day yesterday, filled with fun times with Austin on my back mowing, weeding the lawn, playing at neighbors and friends' houses, etc., Austin was laying on his back last night as I was changing his diaper. After a sigh, he said "That was a rough day." I don't think he exactly knew what he said, but it was so cute. We're not sure where he got that phrase from, but we think that he picked it up from Gayle or me as we talk to each other about our days after I come home from work. Pretty cute.
- Last night before we went to bed, Austin spontaneously began to pick up all of his toys, putting them one by one into his boxes. After receiving profuse encouragement from Gayle and me, I asked Austin why he did that and he responded "So I can mow the lawn." By that, Austin means he wanted a clean carpet upon which to walk back and forth with his little lawnmower.
- 7/27/08 I had a special 15 minutes with Wyatt on the bed as Austin was napping and Gayle was getting ready. Wyatt had just gotten up from a nap and was in a really good mood. He switched his attention back and forth between watching Gayle get ready and smiling at her, and watching me lay on the bed next to him. Wyatt got repeatedly on all fours, and made forward-scooting motions. He's so close to crawling. All the while he was smiling with his mouth wide open in the shape of an "O" with drool dripping down sporadically, pooling on the comforter below him. So precious. As Gayle said, it was like Wyatt was discovery how to crawl while at the same time discovering his daddy.
- Austin said: "I want to goed to the grocery store so I can buy some Dr. Pepper." (He really said that).
- After I got done with my bike ride, Austin carried around one of my watter bottles drinking Gatorade Endurance. While he makes faces in disgust of the taste, he nevertheless said "It's yummy daddy."
- Days after watching The Fox & The Hound, Austin told me in great detail about how the fox jumped off the bridge to avoid getting hit by the train, or something like that. He talks as if it affected him personally. I haven't seen the movie (in at least 15 years), but Gayle tells me that his recount is accurate. Amazing how movies impact kids.
- Austin played with the letters on the refrigerator for a long time, organizing them, and saying letters most the time he did it (though not necessarily corresponding to the letters he was touching at any given moment).
- Austin's been saying the letters of his name, though not always in perfect order, but close. "A-U-S-T-I-N" he says hurriedly each time.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Kid Moments
As Gayle said, a primary purpose of this blog is simply for us to record some events and moments of Austin's and Wyatt's lives, as we otherwise so easily forget things they've said and done. To that end, a few from Austin that stuck out this weekend:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE the "goed" to the grocery store..made me laugh out loud. What a cute boy.
Post a Comment